Things To Do
Johannesburg is the vibrant heart of South Africa and Gauteng.
There are many things to do and places to go. We have made a short
list here, which is by no means comprehensive. They are a brief list
- The Johannesburg Zoo - not only to look at the animals, but
an educational visit on the wildlife of Africa; and a good
opportunity to get out for a stroll.
- The Zoo Lake - situated across the road from the Zoo, it is
a good place for a walk, and the Moyo African themed restaurant
there is great for a cup of coffee, a couple of sundowners, or a
good hearty meal.
- Newtown - across the Nelson Mandela bridge and into the new
cultural precinct; filled with museums, art galleries, theatres,
live music venues and a good night life.
- Casino's - Gold reef City and Montecasino are within half
and hour's drive from Hlala Panzi. Both venues offer far more
than gambling. Gold Reef City has a large historical focus on
Johannesburg's past, with an obvious slant toward the gold
mining industry. It also tempers this educational aspect with a
great fun fair (a theme park if you will). Montecasino lends
itself to the older patron. A 'city' under a roof, it contains
many restaurants, theatres and a good night life.
- Shopping Centres - Johannesburg is rife with good quality
shopping malls. Within a 10 to 30minute drive from Hlala Panzi
you could be at any of the Rosebank, Sandton City, Hyde Park or
Cresta shopping centres.
- Golf courses. Being located in a city, their could be a
misconception that there is no space for such things as golf
courses. However, from Hlala Panzi, you could easily get to drive
to 5 courses in half an hour.